Syntech is a fast-growing tech distributor bringing everything from cutting-edge smart home technology, to the latest innovative gaming gear, consumer electronics, and commercial solutions to the country.
We are looking for a junior social media marketer to join our marketing team. This position is ideal for those who have completed related degrees, diplomas or courses in marketing and who are looking for experience in the digital sphere.
As junior social media marketer, you will work in a team environment with a group of like-minded, savvy individuals creating compelling social media content. Your content will drive interest and create demand for a wide range of evolving tech brands and products from gaming peripherals and components to headphones and power banks. You will also regularly engage with end-users, communities, colleagues, vendors, and partners to create and manage social media platforms for respective brands.
The successful candidate must have great communication skills, be computer literate, write well, and should possess good planning skills. Duties will include assisting the team with content creation and managing social media content across a variety of platforms; from implementing compelling social media strategies, writing compelling copy, and engaging with new or existing customers, to creating and scheduling social media content calendars.
Social Media Channels
- Assist with the day-to-day management of all social media channels
- Assist with proactive online reputation management (blogs, social media channels, Google My Business, forums, et cetera)
- Assist with implementing defined social media strategy & executing campaigns
- Assisting with customer support queries and escalate where necessary (phone, email, digital platforms)
- Drive engagement opportunities across social media whenever possible and appropriate (partner content sharing, commenting, reposting, et cetera)
Content, PR, Copywriting, & Campaigns
- Assist the content team with conceptualizing exciting, relevant content (create & communicate design briefs when necessary)
- Populate and manage the social media content calendars across relevant platforms, including, but not limited to, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, and YouTube (aligned with brand strategy)
- Plan in advance to ensure the content calendar is approved well in advance
- Assist with hashtag analysis and implementation (improve content searchability, visibility, & categorization)
- Assist with the creation and proofing of copy for the marketing department whenever necessary (product descriptions, newsletter abstracts, blogs, emailers, et cetera)
- Assist with the implementation of SEO strategy
- Assist with identifying product seeding/review opportunities
- Assist with identifying brand engagement opportunities
- Compile data on relevant social media metrics
- Assist with the creation of internal reports
- A minimum of a diploma or completion of a tertiary qualification in relevant studies is required (marketing, social media management, public relations, advertising, communication, journalism, et cetera)
- Familiarity with HootSuite, TweetDeck, Sprout Social, Later, Brand24, and any other native or 3rd party social media tools is advantageous
- Proficiency in MS Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Eager to learn, welcomes challenges, and works at a dynamic pace
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Good organisation skills and attention to detail
- Must be able to manage time and work to tight deadlines
- Must be able to multitask
- Remain adaptable and flexible in the face of unfamiliar or changing situations
- Willing to work necessary hours to make this position a success
- Curiosity and continuously strives to grow
- Ability to communicate if outcomes are not being met due to challenges
- Be able to receive constructive feedback and use this to grow/improve
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.